From the Publisher
Mediterranean Lentil Salad
1/2 cup dry lentils
2 cups water
1 (14.5 oz.) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
3 roma or plum tomatoes, chopped or 2 cans chopped tomatoes, drained
1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 carrot, grated
1 lemon, juiced
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
Salt to taste
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes.
1. In a two-quart stockpot, bring water and lentils to a boil. Reduce and simmer for 30 minutes or until tender, then drain excess liquid.
2. In a serving bowl, mix together cooked lentils, garbanzo beans, bell peppers, and carrot. Whisk together lemon juice and olive oil. Stir lemon vinaigrette over the salad.
3. Top with chopped cilantro and serve. Excellent chilled or at room temperature.
1 cup water
1/4 cup bulgur
1/4 cup olive oil
Juice of 1-2 lemons
1/2 cup green onions, chopped
4 cups fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
2 large tomatoes, seeded and diced small
1 English cucumber, seeded and diced small
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon allspice
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
Salt to taste
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooling Time: 30 minutes
1. Boil the water in a medium saucepan. Add the bulgur, cover, and remove from the heat. Allow the bulgur to absorb liquid for at least 15 minutes.
2. Mix together all ingredients Except salt in a large serving bowl. Allow the Tabbouleh to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
3. Season with salt to taste and serve.
* You can use couscous or quinoa as an alternative to bulgur, but both grains must be cooked according to package directions prior to being added to this salad.
Lemon Polenta Cookies
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon honey
Zest and juice of 1 lemon, plus 1 tablespoon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup pistachios
1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon cardamom
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon half and half
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Yield: 36 cookies
Prep Time: 35-40 minutes, including chilling
Cook Time: 10-14 minutes.
1. With an electric mixer, cream the butter, sugar, brown sugar, honey, and lemon zest until fluffy, approximately 5 minutes. Add the egg, vanilla, and lemon juice (minus 1 tablespoon) and mix until incorporated.
2. In a food processor, grind the pistachios to a flour consistency. In a small bowl, combine the ground nuts, flour, cornmeal, cardamom, and salt.
3. Add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Chill the dough for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Roll the dough into balls 1 tablespoon at a time, place the balls 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet, and flatten gently. Repeat with remaining dough.
5. Bake for 10 to 14 minutes or until the edges brown. Remove from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
6. Whisk together the remaining lemon juice, the half and half, and the powdered sugar in a bowl. Drizzle the cooled cookies with the glaze and cool until the glaze hardens. Serve.
Publisher:For Dummies; 2 edition (Oct. 2 2017)
Item weight:760 g
Dimensions:18.29 x 2.54 x 22.86 cm
- ✔️price Sell: (as of [price_update_date] )
- ✔️keyword: vegan health🔥
- ✔️ID_asin: 1119404436🔥
>>>🔥 Click here to get Mediterranean Diet Cookbook For Dummies at discounted price while it’s still available 🔥 <<<
🔥 hashtags: #Mediterranean #Diet #Cookbook #Dummies